£899.00 inc. VAT
The Matwork Intensive Pilates training course has been designed for those teaching in the rehabilitation setting. Based on the most up to date evidence in spinal stability, pelvic stability, strength/conditioning and pain – this is the essential Pilates training tool for all health professionals.
This course will firstly introduce you to the Pilates technique, relevant research and beginner level exercises. APPI have analysed all 34 traditional matwork Pilates exercises, and broken them down into a step by step guide from day one pain right through to elite level sport. Most importantly, every stage has a clinical reason behind why you should choose that exercise for your client.
- Pilates as you have never seen it before, the complete programme based on pain, pathology and function.
- Understand the evidence behind this popular exercise method.
- Learn the 5 stage rehabilitation programme that is now leading the industry in the UK.
- Identify how to clinically reason every exercise and incorporate it into your practice.
Moving onto the vital aspects of class planning, warm ups, cool downs, standing exercises and how to create population specific classes. This part of the Matwork Intensive Pilates training series which focuses on group teaching and empowers you to begin the journey from clinician to instructing Pilates classes.
- Learn the unique approach to teaching APPI Pilates to a group.
- Learn the diverse warm up and cool down movements often missing from Pilates teaching.
- Discuss issues involved in establishing your Pilates class programme in your work setting.
The final section in the Matwork Intensive Pilates training will focus on the intermediate and advanced movements in the APPI repertoire. This part of the course builds upon the movements, understanding, cueing and exercise selection from the start of the course.
The conversion from beginner to more advanced movements will facilitate the unique shift from just stability to strength and conditioning.
This progression from rehabilitation to full health and fitness is a crucial process to achieve your clients' goals of a full recovery.
Beyond just rehabilitation, the APPI Pilates programme is a career changing process. This final section of the course allows you to be competent in working not just with injured clients, but to begin the transition to fitness classes, preventative programmes, and a new career avenue as a fully trained Pilates Instructor (on completion of the Matwork exam).
- Effective cueing skills including verbal, visual and tactile teaching elements, pain, pathology and function.
- Thirty movements for training lumbo-pelvic, scapulo-thoracic, cervical stabilization and spinal mobilisation.
- Strengthening of the global muscular system
- Practice teaching and observation
- Review case studies, design and discuss treatment plans.
This course is open to:
- Rehabilitation Therapists
- Sports Rehabilitation Therapists (with degree level qualification)
- Occupational Therapists
- final year physiotherapy students
- those holding either a Human Movement or a Sports Science degree.
(If you hold any other qualifications outside the above criteria, please contact the institute directly).
Attaining certification as an APPI Rehabilitation Pilates Matwork Instructor requires completion of all 5 days of the Matwork Intensive course, the pre-course requirements, hours of observation, self practice, practice teaching and the certification exam (to be completed after matwork level three).
If your course will be funded by your employer or a 3rd party, please click here to submit the 3rd party enrollment form so we can create a invoice for payment. Please note we can not secure a course place until payment has been received in full.