Pilates for Runners
This one day workshop explores the use of Pilates mat work, standing and sports specific exercises to improve the skill, strength and performance of the running client. Created by APPI founder and world championship level triathlete Glenn Withers, in collaboration with Brighton Marathon lead Physiotherapist Dawn Buoy, this innovative and highly practical course explores the biomechanical and physiological requirements for successful running and suitable Pilates exercises aimed at improving running performance. Aimed at the runners of all levels, clinical professionals working with runners of all levels or just people interested in understanding running in more detail, the APPI Pilates Runners program will enable you to develop an effective, high level Pilates running program.
This course qualifies for a total of 6 REPs points.
£210.00 inc. VAT
- Attendees will learn and understand
- the key aspects of running biomechanics and performance
- the aetiology of running injuries and their contributing factors
- the most common imbalances that lead to the development of running injuries
- the role of Pilates in the training of a runner with emphasis on training key muscle groups and mobility
- how to effectively and appropriately train a runner using the APPI Pilates Method
- the use of visualisation and various feedback methods to improve running performance
Lectures will cover
- Evidence from APPI’s published research on Pilates for Runners
- Role of APPI Pilates Method in running training and performance
- Running biomechanics and performance
- Aetiology of running injuries
- Imbalances that lead to running injuries
Workshops will cover:
- Pilates for Runners class
- Use of matwork Pilates exercises for the runner
- Use of functional Pilates exercises specific to the runner
- Case study and programme design
CPD 1 day (8 hours)
APPI Certified Instructor CPD Approved (8 hours)
REPs Level 3 Pilates Instructor CPD Approved (6 points)
The course is open to all Health and Fitness professionals with a special interest in sport based rehab. Due to the reference of Pilates based principles, APPI Matwork Level One or the attendance at a 2 day Matwork course at a recognised Pilates training institution is recommended, but not compulsory, for this course.
If your course will be funded by your employer or a 3rd party, please click here to submit the 3rd party enrollment form so we can create a invoice for payment. Please note we can not secure a course place until payment has been received in full.
Please click here to fill out the request new dates form